The “pay as you throw” system consists of the following parts:
- Online platform in which all operations performed by the user on the site are recorded and processed.
- Console for the On-site weighing of different streams of the waste and identification of the citizen through the use of RFID card.
- Suitable metal shells for housing the wheelie bins of different streams of waste.
- Electromagnetic lock device for securing the metal shells.
- Foot lever or hand lever, respectively, for people with special disabilities, for opening the lid of the metal shell.
- Possibility of photovoltaic installation which ensure the autonomy of the system .
OPERATION OF THE SYSTEM
- Registration on the management platform.
- Weighing procedure of the waste and identification of the user with the RFID card.
- Credit points according to the weight of the different stream of the waste, placed on the weighing point.
- • By selecting the appropriate stream of the waste, the respective lid will open and the waste will deposit inside of the bin.